HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date
Old 01-16-2010, 05:17 PM
hardcorehunter
Banned

Originally Posted by dprsdhunter
As I aid I have no intent on bashing strother bows. I know nothing about them besides what I have seen on here. I will say from watching the videos they do seem to shoot well.
I doubt i will even ever shoot one as the nearest dealer is at least 3 hours away. Even if i did shoot one and thought it was the greatest thing on earth i doubt i would own one simply for the fact my proshop guy doesnt sell them.

I have no doubt that in an area there is a Strother dealer the bows will sell. Especially if the shop pushes them. It seems to me that most guys in a given area shoot what the pro shop pushes. For years the main line our local shop carried was High Country-guess what we all shot High Country. Now his main line is bowtech and most now shoot bowtech. Another shop opened about a half hour away who carries 4 big name brands . Most from that shop shoot mathews as that is what he really pushed .

In all fairness I will say I dont think Don has bashed bowtech or another brand. He openly admits to owning them,shooting them and likeing them. However it does seem he pushes for Strother as hard or seriously as any other bow manufaturer prostaffer or affiliate.
It makes me wonder if someday we will see Stother prostaff in his signature.
Lol..I doubt they would want me...I speak too openly with my comments. In all fairness, in small companies like Elite, and Strother...if someone on the net or in their shooting circle of friends, doesn't get the word out on these bows, people just wouldn't know about them. Just like you have stated, people shoot what their dealers push. Here in IA, archers know very little about Elite archery. I found a 2006 Elite E-500 brand new on a Dealers rack at Scheels in a huge mega mall in West Des Moines IA last winter. This was Elites flagship speed bow of 2006. Basically the Corvette version of the 06 Bowtech Allegiance, since both were designed by Kevin in 2006. The E-500 is a better bow. It has a better grip(side plates) barnsdale limbs, and Winner's Choice string. This bow was on the rack new, with $300 worth of accessories, for $300!!! I made a call in fact to GMMAT, and two other guys, asking them what they knew about this bow. They knew nothing, and neither did I. I bought it. What a steal. I turned around and traded it, plus $200 for a Predator Green 09 GT500, with a Sword Twilight site, Posten stab, Crackers Strings, and super tuned at Terminal Velocity, to a guy that wanted $1000 for his setup. Due to the rareness of this bow, and the mint condition it was in, we were both happy traders. So, I am happy to spread the word about these fine bows,as I am an Archer helping Archers