HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 375 h&h
Thread: 375 h&h
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 09:08 AM
vabyrd
Banned

Originally Posted by Ron Duval
I understand that you have yet another contrary opinion, but it is not helping anything. Yes, it is a bit silly to use a DGR for light game, but using your DGR and becoming familiar with it has a purpose. The negative comments are also silly. Offensive and insulting comments don't really benefit anyone. The subject of was the great old .375 H&H, something with which I have fairly extensive first hand knowledge.
I believe the young lad was wondering about advantages for deer hunting, which there are none. Suggesting that if you are looking for a new deer rifle, there are better choices than a 375 H&H. Now, if one owns this rifle and hunts with it as a way to prepare for a trip to Africa or whatever, then fine. Or if you just want to hunt with it for the fun of it (?) fine. But to suggest the one should run out and buy one for whitetail deer is pushing it.

Once again, some fear a contrary opinion to anything gun.

The 375 H&H has its place, and it's not for whitetail deer and crows. Kinda like some of the PH opinions when told the 375 Ruger "does the same thing as the 375 H&H".

"So what?"

So one can shoot deer with a 375 H&H......so what?