HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Button Bucks?
Thread: Button Bucks?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 08:11 AM
silentassassin
Nontypical Buck

Nah, I am finishing up my 23rd bow season and no I won't shoot a BB. I pretty much wont shoot a buck anymore unless he's a mounter. Which for me means he will gross 125". Otherwise, I will just shoot does. Some places I hunt my standards are stricter but I rarely go below that.

LOL! I hear that Tim! Ive doubled a couple of times and tripled once. Definitely not worth it to me.

That is nothing but Work!! I'm in it for Fun

Dan
Yea, that's fun at first but starts to suck in a hurry! Especially, when you are by yourself. I shot a doe in the first week of Dec. several years back and I was hunting the river bottoms. so, I had walked a long ways in to hunt a spot that morning and hunted til noon. I wasn't seeing much so I put my stand on my back and walked til I found a spot that satisfied me and climbed a tree and hunted the rest of the afternoon. A big doe came by alone, so I shot her. A couple of minutes later a dandy 8 pt came walking by so I shot him too. I turned on my GPS and hit "go to" and I was alone and 2.2 miles from the truck......

Last edited by silentassassin; 01-13-2010 at 08:24 AM.