HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - do we have to argue over brands???
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 08:08 AM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

ya-all

This strictly my opinion so you already no what that is worth. There really is only one person (maybe another 1/2 but he is mostly alright) that continually stokes the fire on this subject. I think a lot of us realize that and realize that he will continually do so. For my part i try to very hard to ignore him here and everywhere else he visits because it the same thing over and over.

There are, have beem. and will continue to be legitiment questions asked about CVA because of all the adverse print on the subject. I think if we will all give own honest opinion on the question asked (without getting on a soap box) that is all that can be asked. Our opinions might never coincide but that is exactly what opinions are... the person on the other end has to wade through the answers.

Just to be on record... my personal opinion of of early day CVA products is not very high. I had 3 different CVA's maybe 4 - I do not have any today. The old addage certainly applies - I often got what I paid for, plastic sights - uneven bore diameters - heavy duty shooting restrictions and others bothersome traits. But in defense of CVA - the barrel blowing up was never any greater concern that i have today with most any ML. And be sure that they did a fine job harvesting animals at the range I was shooting in those days.

And again on the record i really do not care what you are shooting if it works for you. My best friend and hunting partner shoots a CVA and PowerBelts - does that make him any less of a friend certainly not in my book. Would I reccommend a CVA friend, probably not, unless it would be one of the newer varieties that CVA is building today with the better barrel; and the only reason that I can/could do that is a member of this forum that i respect has told me they are so much better today. Even then i would still try to suggest other products - but it is still his/her choice.

Not to cause a problem just to explain how i personally feel. If this offends anyone please read over it and ignore it...