HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Finally got one.
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 05:27 PM
mossberghunter93
Nontypical Buck

Default Finally got one.

Well after most of the season being terrible at my farm (very few sightings) my boss and good friend from my landscaping summer job told me he could take out on some incredible hunting land were he garunteed I would shoot a doe because thats all the landowner would allow. Well on sunday night we saw 16 deer but nothin close enough for a shot with the TC Encore with a Nikon Omega scope which is an incredible setup (i didnt get paid to say that lol) then on the second night we only saw one deer then on the the last night of the four day season we saw 20 deer and none of them were in range but at the end of the evening when we were getting out of the stand with still a little legal light left he told me to creep up olong a woodling towards a treeline with a cut bean field on the other side cause we could see deer feeding out there so i did that and walked maybe 60 yards from the stand to a place where there was a hole in the woods and i could see through some tall grass the bean field then i took aim at what i thought was a doe and after much shaking i finally pulled the trigger and dropped em right in his tracks it was a perfect heart shot!