HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - North Park Hunter Fined
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 05:35 AM
crokit
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
If membership werent open to anyone, you would be correct. But since membership is open to anyone who applies and can pass the requirements, it's not discrimination any more than passing a drivers test to drive.

As I said before, I'm in a similar program where the selection process is handled by the police department. It works very well but the local taxpayers foot the bill for the time involved.

The only real difference here, between this regulated hunt and some others, is that the county has elected to let a non profit group do the screening. Instead of using taxpayer funded resources, they let a volunteer group do the legwork. It's worked pretty well for years now. hunters who play by the rules get to hunt and the parks take care of a deer problem without costing the taxpayers money.

Like I said, before WMA came on the scene there was NO hunting for anyone in those parks. (except for poachers who snuck in and THAT was really bad for our hunters image)

Shouldnt we be asking why this guy wouldn't/ couldn't play by the rules? They aren't hard to follow.

Agreed.