HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rattlin antlers
Thread: Rattlin antlers
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 04:44 PM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

The rattling bags are easier to pack with You and probably work just as well as regular Antlers as long as the sound fairly real.I just cut a pair of racks off a 8-Point Buck that was too small to have mounted so I tied some heavy boot shoe laces around each one and I pack them with me during Bow and Rifle Season...to me it feels more realistic when your rattling with "Real Horns" than using the rattle bags or the plastic fake horns!

I put my real horns in a camo duffle bag or simply hang them over my shoulder when going out to hunt then I hang them on my bow hanger or rubber coated hooks up in my ladder stand.This past Nov. during Rifle Season I had a Deer walk behind my stand before daylight and walk up towards a Ridge top...I lightly rattled my real Deer Horns together that were still hanging fron one of those Turkey Toe shaped hangers and I blew into my grunt call....a few seconds later the 4-Point Buck came back to my stand and sniffed the Tinks Doe in Estrous scent I had hanging on a limb and walked away only to return about 20 minutes later and check it again.If I hadn't done the rattling he may never had come back closer to where I could tell if he was a "Shooter" or not?