HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BowHunting Partners?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 01:09 PM
halfbakedi420
Nontypical Buck

i agree, if someone is offering to take you and they have all the stuff, expenses are chump change compared to the items needed and work already invested.
definitely sux when you have a mooch..there was this guy who used to just catch a ride and not chip in for gas, never took his truck, and said if they were gonna go any ways , why couldnt he ride with them. where does this guy stand?(this went of for at least a year.)

Originally Posted by AK NIMROD
I have friends i won't hunt with. they are friends not hunting partners. well i guess i'm different but my hunts are different and expensive. My hunts are 4 days to 4 weeks long. my life can be put in jepordy by a friend that is careless and unsafe in the woods or on the water, if drinking is major part of their hunt or even fishing they are not welcome in MY camp. I don't want that hassle or responsibility.
I have the proper toys to play the game in Alaska. i see no problem with them helping on fuel and food costs.
last fall. with alot of help from my son we spent a week getting mods ($$$ , needed for the trip) to truck for a month long caribou / ? sheep / moose hunt. then the day I was to leave my partner cancelled. ( son drove up 10 days later) i went and spent >$1000 for diesel for truck and gas for boat. my hunt was cut short after 3 weeks (2-3 days of caribou and my week of moose hunting were cut from plans ) My son had joined me and was involved in roll over accident on the way home, i needed to get him and our friend and all there gear the 700+ miles home. I did not return for the moose because i did not want to drive very long day and spend additional $5-600 to return to hunt area by myself.
I have had a friend refuse to take his truck up the hual road (2 days drive each way, alot of very rough road and dirt) but he is more than willing to go with me or others. doesn't want the wear and tear on his truck but ok for my newer truck. we are still friends but don't hunt together often ( not only because of that, timing of hunts have not worked out), twice in last 3 years ....we used my boat for one and my truck, camper and jet boat for the other. hunts were probably a total of 15-16 days.
i went with a friend on a brown bear hunt we used his plane ( one of the toys i don't have) i paid for all the fuel he had the expense of the air plane seemed reasonable to me but costly. such is life.