HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - North Park Hunter Fined
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 07:15 AM
BTBowhunter
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by livbucks
The judge did good with the discharging charge. Was there another charge for hunting without permission actually sought? I think the judge would have been correct to find him guilty of that. Seems like the guy is just being a rabble rouser and knows darned well what he is doing and he is doing it out of spite. If he keeps it up we will see what kind of ground he stands on. I think the program is well thought out and legit. Getting hunters in those parks is a very tough sell and the program sheds good light on hunting's image as a viable herd control measure. Who knows, the guy might win in the end. Legal issues are strange sometimes. Where it goes from here is his call I guess.

Good catch Greg. They screwed up when they wrote the guy the ticket and the judge DID do his job legally. Cant quite understand why they didnt charge him properly but I'm gonna guess that the county tried to give him the ticket when it should have been a WCO to write up the proper charges. Either way, the hunter could have played by the rules to hunt there and obviously chose not to so he put hunters in a bad light with absolutely no good reason.