HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hope on Sunday Hunting Ban
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 07:31 AM
virginiashadow
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Flippinstk
Yeah.... I'm with VirginiaShadow on this....whats the downside? We can fish in sundays....

Heck...guys can drink, smoke, have sex, smoke while having sex, drink while having sex, cuss, cuss/smoke/have sex simultaneoulsy .....and all on Sundays.

So if the no hunting thing is about families and church, then why not try to eliminate the above mentioned "sins" as well on Sunday? Again, I am not dogging religion. I just feel the no Sunday hunting law is absolutely archaic, religiously biased, and is controlled by a small yet economically powerful group of people. It actually sickens me that we allow these people to control our lives to the point where they can tell us that we cannot even hunt on our own lands (not that I have any land that I own, but you get the point).

It is so un-American to dictate to people what they can and cannot do using legal methods that it should be immediately revoked and Sunday hunting restored. Dang I wonder how the colonists would have felt if someone in their community told them that there was no hunting on Sundays even though a perfectly healthy deer stood not but 20 yards away from their front door. They would have laughed them off and shot the deer. I am not a law breaker guys, but I would be dang tempted to hunt on my own property on Sunday if I owned some. I am 35 years old now. I imagine that I am going to be dang near broken down physically and will have worked my tail off to finally be able to purchase my own land when I reach around 50 years old. When my kids are playing highschool sports and I am studying with them after school, my week day afternoon hunts are going to be few and far between. What if I just want to wake up early on a Sunday morning and go hunting with my son? I currently can't and that kills me.