HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hope on Sunday Hunting Ban
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 06:33 AM
Alex G.
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Virginia Mike
Hey Guys,

I have spoken to Rich Anderson, just elected as Delegate in the 51st District, and he is willing to move forward and help get rid of this ban. He is a retired Air Force Colonel and a great guy. I know that there are a bunch of you that have been involved for a long time with this. Are any of you willing to sit down with me and the Delegate and brainstorm on why this hasn't been defeated and how we can move forward? I would like to have some facts and figures in hand before I schedule a meeting. His office contacted me after the elections to get together and meet. Let me know what you guys think.
Wow... you've been handed a great oportunity! Good luck and I really hope that the members actually supply what you asked for: facts, figures, and recommendations for a way forward. I know that New Jersey just got their sunday hunting ban lifted for this past season, perhaps it would be a good idea to contact some members from NJ that were involved in their lobbying effort and get their perspective. Experience in a positive outcome will always pay dividends.