HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Have you ever considered trad. archery hunting?
Old 01-07-2010, 12:15 AM
his guzzi
Spike

I shoot both trad and compound. There is so much more a kick out of getting a deer with a traditional bow it is unreal. Take time to learn. I can walk out on our deck and shoot a stuffed animal hanging on my target and nail it at 20 yds almost every time. Can take three to five steps either way and do the same thing. Neet No range finder or pins. Had my wife shine a flashling only on the targed one dark night and i can hit it the same. It is a 20yd game most of the time. Most people now don't have the time and patientce to learn or even get that close to their game. You have to put time into it. Made my own Ghille suit and sat in a weed fence row and shot my first buck eye level at 12 yds. What a rush. Picked up my compound to go the other day and shot and then the recurve and the recurve hit closer out of three arrows so took it hunting instead. Don't need speed. Just a quiet and accurate shot. Love it.