HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hope on Sunday Hunting Ban
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 05:16 PM
ButchA
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by virginiashadow
I was unable to hunt the entire month of December this year due to my wife's work schedule and the Sunday hunting ban. I could not find hardly any time to hit the woods at all, except on Sundays....but there is obviously no hunting on Sundays so I was SOL.
Don't feel bad... I didn't even get out AT ALL!! That's right... I ended up skipping this entire season, and never even bought a hunting license!!!

I got put on the graveyard shift at work a year and a half ago, and it really messed me up inside. I had no life, and hardly saw my family (wife worked days, daughters were in school, and I worked nights). So to be honest, I really didn't have much time to do anything and was always too tired and too cranky, to try and go hunting.

Thankfully, I just got re-assigned to the dayshift this past week after much begging and pleading with management. So, now I have to spend some time getting adjusted back to daylight hours and get back into the swing of things.

Even with working nights, I even worked a weekend night too, and ended up sleeping on Saturdays, so I couldn't hunt anyway. Now with my new work schedule, I work Sunday - Thursday, and have Friday & Saturday off. But, it's a little too late to get a license and try to go out hunting.