HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hope on Sunday Hunting Ban
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 04:13 PM
virginiashadow
Nontypical Buck

I think the Sunday hunting ban is a clear violation of the equal protection clause of our constitution. We have a lot of men and women who work their tails off each week, and yes even on Saturdays. If they work 5-6 days each week and are only afforded the ability to hunt on Sundays, what are their hunting options?.....none. So the blue collar worker specifically is not protected. Those guys that can take off work days and have Saturdays off can hunt. Those who cannot take days off or have family responsiblities during the work week cannot hunt at all. Where does that leave them? It leaves them not hunting.

Not only that, who is the state of Virginia to tell private property owners what they can and cannot do on their own land using legal hunting methods? It is disgraceful that people think they can control others and their happiness due to their OWN religious thoughts. There has not been one biological study that shows hunting on Sundays is hurtful to the wildlife of Virginia, not one. So that shows the Sunday hunting ban is an obvious case of religious bullying. I am not knocking religion. I am knocking the lack of understanding that we have separation of church and state. And a Sunday hunting ban should also be prohibited as not being a separation of church and state.

More on, it is embarassing that a small group of people can prevent people from enjoying life by curtailing their freedom via a Sunday hunting ban. And that includes hunting on public WMA's throughout the state on Sundays. Does the public and government not understand that sportsmen pay for those lands via their license fees and taxes on hunting and fishing supplies?

I was unable to hunt the entire month of December this year due to my wife's work schedule and the Sunday hunting ban. I could not find hardly any time to hit the woods at all, except on Sundays....but there is obviously no hunting on Sundays so I was SOL.

Last edited by virginiashadow; 01-06-2010 at 04:15 PM.