HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team X Factor Thread (10)
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 05:34 PM
WV Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys

Well my season is officially over this past Sat. Had a good season in many aspects...like getting a decent amount of time to hunt, spending time with my kids, my son getting a buck and doe, my daughter being on her first "kill" with me, and I have a full freezer. I did shoot a couple does with a gun, so that was cool.

In other aspects, it wasn't so good. In fact it was the worst bow season I've had in probably 15yrs overall. I only saw a small handful of bucks while on stand, and not even 1 glimpse of a shooter. I ended up passing several smaller bucks and about a half dozen does. It was one of those murphy type seasons too....everytime I didn't want to kill a doe they came by -- when I set out to kill a doe, I didn't get the opportunity. LOL, tag soup again. Oh well, it is what it is. That just means that next year is most likely gonna be better than this year! I've enjoyed being on the team with you guys...wish I could have added some points for the team though. Good luck to anyone still hunting...would be nice to see someone drum up a late season kill.

Mike