HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What happened to the TMO thread?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Big Uncle
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ajstrider
I'm totally unfamiliar with this topic, maybe a real short and sweet recap?
I don't remember the entire complaint, but it was based on the statement that a group of hunters had contracted with Table Mountain Outfitters to hunt a certain area and were switched to a guide service that was subcontracted by TMO to take these hunters off their hands. The hunters were sent to a different area and had a very bad hunt.
This was reported to be a complaint that was filed with the Wyoming Outfitters (where the owner of TMO holds a seat on the Board), but how it was ultimately resolved has not been disclosed.
After the post detailing the complaint, several first time posters rode to the rescue of TMO - telling tales of their love for this outfitter. I think the only one of these defending posters that stayed on this site is Ol Mongo (who seems to be a decent sort).
TMO advertises on this site, and the post detailing the complaint has been removed - along with the original poster (BigGameDave). This thread was many pages long and I am certain that many people would like to find out what the outcome was.