HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - hotrod loads, lets hear your horror stories
Old 12-30-2009, 06:45 AM
Pawildman
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dylan_b
primer ruptures happen alot with millitary actions especialy lee enfield actions that have had the bolt heads recplaced. if you fire form bullets, then you porlly know how often shoulders split. once fired cases also tend to be slightly weakened if they had a crimp over a cannelured bullet.

i will admit though i shouldnt have said i never load past max. i dont really have a good reason for the 30-30 thing. my father wanted a hot load for his h&r single shot so i made it. i admit that one was way past what i should have loaded but my father was willing to shoot it if i could make something that would work.

other then that im not out to loose a hand, i just like to find how hot i can go with each type of case before i settle on something so i know how far back i am from true max. i can understand why most guys just load for accuracy but i think it is important to at least have a standpoint in where a finalized load stands rather then leaving it to the books

.........Wow.........