HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is the furthest distance you would shoot a deer?
Old 12-29-2009, 03:05 PM
3Children
Fork Horn

First off, I pride myself in not missing. I take sure shots, and still have had some!!!! I can still remember a twig I didn't see at a deer broadside only 16 yds away, or the string that was stretching that I missed the same deer 3days in a row. I changed the string and got the 8 pt the next day. This year a doe at 38 yds and that was not my long shots. A few years back, a buck at 51 yds, double lunged and went 100yds. before dropping. If you hunt the west you will either get good at long ranges or come home empty. A Moose in Alaska at 70 yds and that is almost daily that people do shot those shoots at Elk and Moose. Now your pins, 3 should be set at 20-30-40 yds. I did say should!! What arrow are you shooting that weights soo much. A heavy aluminum is less than that in most cases.Your arrow combo 500grs for a 60# bow is almost what I call too heavy. Shoot something 350 and no more than 400 will get you better flight and the ke might come out the same or better.