HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to choose my first bow.
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 06:59 PM
chevymanar
Spike

I am most definately left eye dominant. I have been shooting guns since I can remember, just now getting into the compound bow world.

I went to a couple bow shops today. One did not have any left handed bows for me to try. The next had a few.

I tried a couple Hoyts, a Matthews and a PSE. The PSE felt horrible and had a bad vibration to me. The Matthews felt good, but at $750 for just the bow I had to pass on it.

I ended up with a Hoyt PowerHawk. I really like it. I am still getting used to things and I am trying to read as much as I can. I am having trouble being consistent with it. I know it is me, because sometimes I can group to the point of hitting one another, then I throw one way off. It is just gonna take some practice. I feel like I am weak or something. They set me up on 45lbs at first and after 20-30 pulls my back began to get a little sore. I still had no problem pulling the bow back, but I started to become unsteady as I held the pin on the target. I hope I will build these muscles up better.

My 14yr old nephew got a new bow also. He got a Diamond Razor's Edge. It seems like a great bow also. He is only able to comfortably pull back around 35lbs at the moment. He too is hoping to get stronger. For him I have no doubt, as he will get stronger due to age.