HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "That's not hunting"
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 05:55 PM
SWThomas
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
whether anyone can walk or not has nothing to do with the statement about "patterning" deer for months, in the fall its a matter of the deer changing in as little as 2 weeks.
I'm sorry for your situation, I truly am, just stating what I have learned in 40 years of deer hunting here in the east, like I said, not my first rodeo.
RR
I think you're missing the fact that every states deer herds don't act the same as yours. Not everyone here is hunting on the same terrain as you. Every hunter on this site doesn't have the natural resources at their disposal that you do. It would be great if we did because then maybe your points would be somewhat valid to everyone here.... but they're not. I respect your experience and input a lot, as I imagine a lot of other members here do as well. It seems you've definitely spent a whole lot of time in the woods and it sounds like you know what you're doing. But for you to tell everyone they're doing it wrong is a little arrogant on your part. And before you start... I haven't told anyone here they're doing it wrong. Most of the contributors have merely offered their opinions. You just seem to be dictating what you feel is hunting gospel.