HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Top 5 best & worst rifle scopes
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 09:49 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Sheridan
I use Burris (signature select level - just as a FYI, there are two higher quality levels) on all my bolts !

One of the biggest bangs for your buck, if anyone says otherwise, IMO they don't know "what" they are talking about.

Unless, you need to spend $2,000 to play.

In which case, loupy's don't even rate.

For those independent thinkers;

http://www.chuckhawks.com/overview_burris_optics.htm
Interesting. Ok, for the 400-500 dollars you pay for a burris signature, you could get a Leupold.

Ok, lets separate the field here. Sure, the once a week rifle hunter, will be serviced fine with philp glass on a burris. No doubt. That the same hunter would do the same with a 200 dollar bushnell elite 3200 or even better served.

Why does burris feel the need for a posi-lok? With correct errector design, anybody in optics knows its not needed. And who is the manufacture so stupid to put a posilok on a target scope? I know.

How much errector movement can you get from from your signature (target turret) scope compared to a simular target turrent mounted loopy? I know the difference on comparitive 6.5-X loops and signature. I have had the both.

How far can you move the recticle on a signature before you start getting nonlinear results? I know on both leupolds and burris.

Lastly, I guarantee you, a person with a burris signature can't complete a optics box test and end up back to where they started. But I know for a fact I can on a M4. Or even a Vari-X 6.5-20 target.