HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Top 5 best & worst rifle scopes
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 06:18 PM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
Having read some of your many posts about your poor opinion of Leupold based on your experiences with the cheap Leupold model, it appears your quest is based on a small amount of experience with the broad line of these scopes.
I have used dozens of these scopes over the years without a failure of any kind. I also have friends that have Leupolds and none of them have ever had any problems of any sort. I think the better Leupolds start with the VX II line, with the lower models (like the one you had) not being considered very good for the money.
I agree. I have a feeling a higher end Leupold would be better. However, I also kind of feel like why spend that much money when you are getting into the price range of other scopes that still seem better?

I moreso am saying I don't agree with Burris being one of the worst. In fact I'd rather have one than more Leupolds. There are others like Zeiss or Swarovski I'd much rather have than a Leupold if I was going to start stepping up and and spend a ton of money like you would with one of the high end Leupolds. I also don't think Simmons is one of the worst either. I don't think it's great by any means but don't think it's one of the worst either.

I think Leupolds are probably fine as long as you get a higher end one. I just don't think I'd get one when there are those others in that price range. I also don't think they should charge $250 for a scope that sucks either. I'm not sure I want to deal with a company that does that.