HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HOW...do we get the changes we need in PA?
Old 12-23-2009, 11:40 PM
ManySpurs
Typical Buck

We're not talking about total forest acreage. We're talking about the regeneration present within mature stands of timber. Almost every piece of public land I've stepped foot in noth and central PA (more than you would think), there has been almost NO regeneration whatsoever.
Welcome to the thread Gary. I don't know what parts of the NC that you've stepped foot in and not found regeneration. In the areas of the NC that I live and hunt in, I can show you plenty of regeneration. Thing is, it's only happening where there is sun hitting the ground in areas such as pipelines, open logging roads, landings, and areas that have been select cut or clearcut. Get into the woods and away from the sunlight, and there's not a lick of regeneration to be found. You can take that to the bank.

Now that many areas of the Tioga State Forest in 2G will be seeing the many new pipelines thanks to the Marcellus Play, I expect to see plenty more regeneration along the pipelines.

Last edited by ManySpurs; 12-23-2009 at 11:51 PM.