HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - rem 7400?
Thread: rem 7400?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2003, 03:42 PM
purep7646

Default RE: rem 7400?

my dad has taken several bucks at 400 plus yards with his 742 30-06 and has never had a single problem with jamming. i myself have a 7400 30-06 and have never had a problem with it. we always clean uor guns after each use. most of the people complaining probobly clean their guns once a year if their lucky and ride around with them in their trucks everyday letting them fill up with dust and dirt and it sticks to the oils in the barrels and actions then their problems start and they start blaming the gun when its their fault
I agree! I bought one last year after using one of my uncles for a couple years. He has had his 7400 270 for years and has never had a problem with it because he cleans it after he fires it. My cousin has one and has never had a problem with his. I shot a couple boxes last year with my new 7400 270 and had no problem. I was going to buy a BAR but I figured if I kept the 7400 clean it wouldn' t mess up so I saved some money (a lot IMO) and bought the 7400. If you want a semi and don' t care about spending the extra $$$ go for the BAR but the 7400 will do just fine if you keep it clean (every gun should be cleaned after being used). Clean your gun or blame yourself (not the gun) when it messes up.