HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "That's not hunting"
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 05:43 PM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

I hunt over or close to Food Plots that I've planted for the Deer,Turkey,Quail and other Wildlife in our area and those food plots are not just for Deer Season but for the Wildlife to survive on throughout the year,I also Hunt in the big timber if I'm hunting for a nice Buck like I have been doing for over 30 years.I have taken the easy route and waited til a deer stepped out into our food plot after sitting in the freezing weather and rain for hours...its still called "Hunting" and I'll continue to do that until our Game Laws change here in Missouri.I take my 2 Daughters out and teach them how to hunt,they can learn some of the easier ways to hunt or they can learn how to hunt for a big Buck by sitting in the woods.I don't always agree with some of the hunting techniques I see on the TV Hunting Shows and in other States but if their Laws allow putting corn out and other grains then thats what the People of that State have decided on.Personally I enjoy being outdoors in the woods and if I get to harvest/shoot an animal then so be it...if I don't I'm happy to be outside enjoying Mother Nature.Some times we put too much value on someone shooting a Big Buck and not much concern on seeing a Young Hunter thrilled to get His or Her first Doe.

I found an Arrowhead on our Farm a few years ago...all I could think of was how hard the Indians had it and they still survived and shot Game with a simple Bow and Arrow and here I am with all this new modern gear and a Compound Bow and I can tell You...its Tough getting a Deer with Archery Equipment!!