HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Frustraiting Situation
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 02:21 PM
bigpapa
Typical Buck

Default Frustraiting Situation

So I have some land (about 45 acres) which I have hunted for the past 3 years. Great land lots of deer use it. No pressure other than myself on it. I can bow hunt only on it. Anyways, about a month ago I went by to modify a stand and there was a guy there talking to the owner. He had asked permission to hunt the land also. He was turned down because the owner only allows bowhunting and the guy wanted to use a rifle. Yesterday I was sitting in the back corner of the land hoping for a late season buck to come by. I have a perminent stand in place about 20 yards from where I was but chose to use my climber to get closer to the edge. I had just gotten settled in when I saw a guy walking through the woods. Now in 3 years I haven't seen a soul on this land at all. I watched in horror as the guy climbed up a stand (wasn't there last week) that was about 10 feet from the fence line about 10 yards from my stand and about 40 yards from me. He climbed on up and settled in with his rifle. It's not as though his stand was facing away from the land I hunt either. It was obvious he was hunting the whole corner. There isn't anything I nor the land owner can do. His stand isn't on his property but what a jerk to put his stand right beside mine and it's obvious if a buck cut's the line he's sitting just right to shoot over the line. Thats just dirty.