HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa Game Comm. Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Windwalker7
Nontypical Buck

You'd think that with the new fangled computer licensing system in place now, it wouldn't be that difficult for license buyers to have to do a mandatory report of deer harvested, during the previous year, before the purchase of a hunting license.

Similar to when buying a the migratory bird stamp. It seemed easy enough for the PGC or whomever, to do a survey like that for waterfowl, why not deer?

Even though results would be a year late, comparisons could be made to the report cards by mail and computer reported kills.

I'd be interested in the results.

These days with all the high tech stuff it seems simple enough.

I always hear the excuse of how much it would cost. Really?

Couldn't issueing agents have a poll type page of their computer to ask buyers of their kills and log it on?

Look how simple it is to conduct a poll on this board.

I believe the excuse about cost is just an excuse to not do it that way.

Having every license buyer reporting what they killed the previous year, would leave less room for the PGC to make up their own numbers usin their excuse of hunters not reporting kills.

Seems worth the expense for the PGC to keep tabs on who got an elk tag, who got a bobcat tag ( so the don't reapply), who sent for which county for a doe license.

If I sent an application to five counties or sent five applications to the same couty for the first drawing, can't they see that I did that? Seems they find it easy enough to track those things and don't have a problem with expense.

The too expensive excuse is a cop out!