HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Headlight dimmer switch
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 08:11 AM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

I have the floor dimmer switches in all my old Pontiacs,my 1969 GTO,'69 LeMans Hardtop and Convertible all have them and they all work just fine.They are located under the carpet and have a plastic grommet that they protrude up through for you to press your foot on to dim the bright lights on and off.To me they worked just fine and I have only had to replace 1 of them in over 30 years of driving my old Pontiacs.If you ask me we need to blame it on the Engineers out there that put it in the stupid handle on the steering wheel so now you have to take one hand off the steering wheel to dim the lights down or up and the blinker control is there,the wipers and the cruise control so now you have about 4-5 different things that can go out and have to be replaced at a very high cost to say the least.Same thing goes for the Idiot that decided to put the fuel pump inside the gas tank and most of you know how hard and expensive it is to replace that part! GRrrrrrrr

They make the new Cars and Trucks so you can't work on them yourself,everything has to be put on a machine and run through a series of test to see whats wrong and then sometimes it a hit and miss game just to find out what wrong!