HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The .54 LOVES round balls...
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Doe Dumper
Nontypical Buck

I was shooting it off a bench. I couldnt bend over far enough sitting on the seat with the bench to shoot comfortably so I shot from my knee with the gun rested on a pillow. My back was bent waaaaay forward which probably contributed a lot to it. Thanks for the info.. it does make sense. Im not worried about recoil while hunting cause all shots will be attempted from a standing position as there wont be another soul in the woods and stand hunting just wont work.

I have figured out the shooting to the right though. I was gripping the gun so hard trying to keep from getting belted that I was slightly canting it during the trigger pull. I dont think sight adjustments are going to help shooting a gun at an angle..lol.

On the recoil... the Traditions Inline I was shooting is a 50 cal and I was shooting 300 gr Shockwaves and 90 gr of T7 and the recoil was not even close to the thumping the 54 gave me. Stock design fits great for open sights but the stock fits my cheekbone perfectly and it just belts me..lol.

Dave if that Renegade kicks harder keep it up your way..lol.