HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - For all you archers that have a disdain for crossbows.....
Old 12-16-2009, 11:54 AM
OntElk
Typical Buck

To me, the point of bow hunting is to accept a greater challenge and secondarily, extend your season a month (here in Texas, at least) but to some, I guess the secondary thing is their primary thing.
anyone who shoots with a crossbow normally (and should) clarify that they killed something with thier CROSSbow. I know some who say "I shot a nice buck with my bow" and it is misleading if done with a crossbow. I shoot a crossbow and have no issues with it but I KNOW it is more of a challenge to use the vertical. I mean you shoot something with your longbow you should clarify that as well. That is more challenging than a compound IMO.

Thing is it's all relative and who cares????????

Where I am you can use your bow or crossbow during the regular rifle season. Some guys choose not to rifle hunt at all in that case. Again I say who cares??????

Someone uses this thing....who cares????

Yes, the trad shooters have a greater challenge than the compund who have a greater challenge than the crossbows who have a greater challenge than the muzzleloaders who have a greater challenge than the rifle shooters.

If the next world record whitetail is skillfully "hunted" and eventually gets killed by of these gimmicks is it not more impressive than a bunch of guys in trucks running around pushing small bushlots taking cracks at a monster with thier rifles? That is in essence how the Hanson buck was killed but Milo still is never questioned as the Record Holder.

I think it's a dumb contraption but to each his own. If the next world record is killed by an archer all the gun hunters will start rumours it was shot after dark because they can get away with that LOL