HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ILL has gone downhill
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Lanse couche couche
Boone & Crockett

Cougar,

Not everybody can afford to buy land, but there are plenty of folks who can pull it off if they really want to. I live in a house that costs about $20K less than i could have actually afforded. I
drive a 1999 Ford Ranger and a 2001 Hyundai instead of carrying a $300 a month note on a new vehicle. I don't own a 4-wheeler, a closet full of guns, or a couple thousand bucks worth of various hunting gadgets. So, I could afford to buy my two modest pieces of land. I didn't buy it for deer hunting so much as to have it for other types of hunting since I noticed 7 or 8 years ago that more and more land is getting bought up for deer hunting and posted for everything else. Of course, you are also getting more and more people who are wanting to move from town out into the country just for the peace and quiet and don't not even hunt or approve of it. Land is being lost that way too. That kind of narrows ones options if they still want to be hunting 10 years for now or want their kids and grandkids to have a place to hunt 20 years from now.