HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Accura Problems?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 12:55 AM
Breechplug
Nontypical Buck

Forgot.....as for swabbing the bore, I usually do it every 2-3 shots, I tried it every shot and I had the same results as with 2-3. Im using Pyrodox Powder, If you use something else it may require you to swab every shot, just see what works for you. Usually you can tell by how hard the load loads or when your groups start to vary. As for firing off a primer befor loading, you may find it helps for better groups as a slightly fouled bore is usually more accurate than a squeekly clean one. I have found that befor a Hunt I will the day befor or whenever possible shoot off a load, then just run a patch down the bore befor loading. But remember to know where your second shot is after shooting, the second shot is the one that for me will be the one that is right on the money when it comes to my Hunting shot.
Some may agree with me on this others may not, some like a clean bore first shot, other's may like a fouled bore first shot. Also monitor your bore if you use a fouled one, untill you know your ML and how the bore will react to being dirty and how long you keep it untill it's cleaned is all up to you. I use (Montana Extreme Bore Conditioner) on the bore, it protects well and Im not worried about the bore being fouled for a week or so befor I shoot it again.
Success to you!
(BP)