HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I call BULL****
Thread: I call BULL****
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 05:43 AM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

2 years at Ivytech in Terre Haute and then 2 years at ISU. I wanted to go to purdue or IU. The issue is Ivytech told me that ISU will take the transfer fulling but other schools will only take what they want. I calmed down and plan on emailing her. After looking at the paper again I would say i deserve the F or maybe a D. She said i gave a good argument just a few issues with how i wrote my citations. Then the issue with purchases. As always i was balanced and gave points for both sides.
Originally Posted by IndyHunter83
Wow.. great thread. very entertaining. Bigtim, I'll give you my honest opinion, I don't think that it was just your grammar that probably killed your paper. You seem like a young kid so I'll offer you some advice. In order take on a topic like gun control in a college level paper, you have to look at it from all sides and give a clear and accurate picture of what your sources tell you. I agree with you that the thesis statement "Gun control only keeps guns out of the hands of those who would legally posses them." is a great statement but you need the sources to back that statement up.

Also, you seem like someone who likes to use the things that he pays for, so here's a bit more on the good advice, use the help that is available because you are paying for it. If you need help with citations then you need to get to the writing lab. There is no stigma that comes with it except, your professor may thing "this guy really cares about his grade and wants to do well". My first two years in college were spent as an english writing major and I learned a lot from just asking my professors how I could do better.

Lastly, I am wondering where you are a student at, I work construction management and I'm a senior in the construction engineering and management program at the Purdue School of Engineering Technology. There are only 5 or 6 programs in our state. I'm just wondering which you are at or possibly trying to get into.
The one thing I will say to you right now is, if you get your feathers ruffled because of a bad grade on some paper that won't matter a month from now then you have got a lot of maturing to do before you get into the construction field. I've been in construction for 10 years and what I can recommend to you is that calm down and try to understand where other people are coming from, especially when you post something on here. I've had people yell and scream at me and I just took it because I was ultimately to blame for the mistake made. Now this was a tough lesson for you, I respect that, but get up and dust yourself off. Learn what you can and go talk to your professor face to face so that you understand what you did wrong. I promise she'll have more respect for you after that.