HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hornady XTP bullets/TC Encore
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 03:41 AM
flyinlowe
Typical Buck

Default Hornady XTP bullets/TC Encore

I have been shooting thes bullets for several years now and love the way they shoot. The first couple deer I killed were at a farm I hunt and they were shot in an open field so I never had a blood trail to follow. 2 years ago I hunted another spot and shot a doe from about 40 yards. There was about 4 inches of snow on the ground and the deer went over 100 yards before we ever found a drop of blood. Had I not had the tracks in the snow I would not have found her. I have since shot two more deer with these bullets. I have never found blood on any of them. They have all been good shots and the deer didn't go far but had I not seen them fall I would have never found them. By the time the smoke clears from my Encore depending on the area the deer can be out of site. I haven't lost one yet but I am considering swithcing bullets for fear of not finding one. I shoot 100 grains of pellets. The buck I shot this year was through the chest right behind the shoulders and I found the bullet still in the hide on the other side. I was shocked it did not go through and through. Any one else have good or bad reviews of these loads.