HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ILL has gone downhill
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 09:21 AM
rogerstv
Nontypical Buck

Interesting read fellas.

I don't think numbers are down. I just think the deer are good at avoiding humans and once the gun toting hunters hit the woods, the deer split to places where there are no humans. It is doesn't help that the rut winds down.

Youth hunters aren't to blame for sure. I heard very few shots that entire weekend. I don't even take my kids, but they get landowner tags. It is the same for me and the youth turkey, which is usually cold, rainy, sh1tty weather.

Personally, I would like to see the gun weekends combined. Give them nine days to get in and GET out. That way the deer aren't heavily pressured basically for an entire month. I don't understand why they break it for Thanksgiving anyway. Or, I could live with the gun hunters getting December. Can u tell I prefer to bow hunt?

I don't see this state changing anything unless it equates to more money. No way. Check stations aren't the answer. They cost money. Nothing against the principle behind them or students getting an understanding, they just cost money to operate. I called in two deer this year that were cut up and in the freezer. They could have easily gone unchecked.