HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Saturday May Be The Best
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 01:45 PM
BTBowhunter
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
No, that is not the process of a maturing hunter. A maturing hunter realizes the size of the rack is not the only criteria one should use to evaluate the quality of ones hunting experience. A hard earned spike or Y can taken in ML season, before ARs,can be more rewarding than a decent 8 or 10 that you harvest with little effort.

It's a shame you have to read everything with your "agenda goggles" on.

I said:

It's all part of the natural maturing process as a a hunter to keep raising the bar. Tag soup is often the by-product but it's all worth it when things finally do come together.
What part of the word "PART" didnt you understand?

I stand by what I said. You simply interperetd it in the narrowest vein you could. You are so dead set against AR's that you cant see much else in any conversation.

Raising the bar could mean many things and in fact it often does as a hunters matures. It could mean taking up archery, flintlock, or handgun hunting in favor of the rifle. It could mean being seeking a mature buck (antler size is not the only criteria there)

It could mean switching to a stickbow froma compound, it could mean choosing to stillhunt rather than sit in a tree.

Tag soup is more likely to result from any of those efforts to raise the bar and it's an individual choice. So long as the individual is within the law, no other hunter should criticize his choices.

It's a shame that I cant compliment a fellow member here without you turning it into yet another pissing match about antler restrictions.