HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - exciting end to season
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 04:48 PM
mnprohunter
Fork Horn

Default exciting end to season

My dad and I were hunting in MN this morning with the smokepoles. After a couple of hours of sitting in the cold, dad decided to make a push to me. I was a little out of position for the drive and out came a big deer. I took the shot. The deer ran away and stopped on the end of a big wood lot. I reloaded and as I did another deer ran by only 40 yds out. I got reloaded just as the first deer ran off. So, I decided to move closer to where the first two deer had run out. I wasn't there a few minutes and out comes another one, but it saw me and cut accross bounding...I slowed it down a little with my voice and took another shot. I reloaded and when dad got there, we looked hard in the snow, but no amount of looking can find a hit when you miss. =). I was quite dejected. A few hours later we were leaving for the day and headed out. On the walk out, dad and I were side by side when dad spotted a deer walking accross a cutover. He put the gun on it and determined it was heading towards us. Just then I spotted that a second deer was with it. So, we just let them come. When they got to fifty yards they stopped and dad and I both fired at the deer. When the smoke cleared, two nice does were down...man, that was fun, a double on deer, with muzzleloaders, on a crisp clear Minnesota day with my dad...we had a great time.