HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Saturday May Be The Best
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 10:00 AM
blkpowder
Typical Buck

Today was the best day of the season for my archery and fly fishing buddy Joe T. "Sorry",no photos at this time. My buddy still uses a friggin film loaded camera. Anyway, we where sitting in small tree line that connects a choked creek bottom to a cut corn field. At the upper end of the tree line,I spotted movement. I glassed it. It was two nice buck engaged in a full blown brawl. I turned over my shoulder and said,there is two buck fighting at the end of this tree line. My buddy said lets get up their. We get 60 yards from the end of the tree line and these two buck are meshed together. He said; is anyone of them legal? I said;he!! yeah! They are both legal,one is definitely bigger. After what seemed about five minutes more of pushing and twisting and dirt flying. They finally separated. BBD! Eighteen inch inside spread, eight point. Ten and a quarter inch G2's and some nice mass all the way around. Part of the ear hanging and a deep bloody gouge in the throat and under the chin. We both agreed, that we would ever imagined seeing a buck fight like that at this time of year.