HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BRUISER of a buck down (updated with PICS)
Old 12-10-2009, 09:01 AM
andy da animal
Nontypical Buck

Default BRUISER of a buck down (updated with PICS)

start of second season here was thursday. i hunt facing a creek at bout 100 yards, roblem this year is it poured for 3 days leading to the season and the deer usually cross that creek and come to an oening bout 50 yards where i take them. cause of the rain the creek was rushing, and they werent crosing. just bout to go up for breakfast. when i saw movement at 150 yards to my left (never see deer over there...why i even looked that way is beyond me) i saw this basket of a rack thru the brush. i thought he was a small 6 maybe at best. came toward me at 100 yards and turned broadside to walk up a trail and i wouldnt get a shot. so i took it as soon as he gave me the one opening in the brush. i touched it off and he went dwon on his front knees, did a flip. got up and ran right at me. touched another off at bout 20 yards he went down. kicked for bout 3 seconds got up shot again and hit him in the back of the head. as i sat there almost expecting hum to get up again i saw how big he truly was. body was small comparitivly. he was a 10 point with his smallest point measuring over 40 mm. and mass of 224 mm just outside the brow tine. only weighed 185 but it is just a monster.

ics to come soon

Last edited by andy da animal; 01-20-2010 at 08:03 AM.