HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ILL has gone downhill
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 04:39 PM
IL-Cornfed
Nontypical Buck

Many of the top hunters and voices in Illinois truly do believe that our IDNR needs to go back to the Edgar days of management practices here and not todays crap of selling out our herd for more cash flow! It's all about money, more tags.... more cash flow for the IL fat cats sitting in the Capitol! More NR tags, more gun tags and more seasons.... not a good thing for quality herd concerns but more cash for one of the worst economic states in the union.... a sad affair indeed!

All these added dates/seasons so the state can profit more and yet IL reports THE WORST SEASON TOTALS SINCE 1999!!! Just over 99,000 deer killed during our entire general firearm season, the worst in a decade.... that shoud be sending up a red flag!!! Enough is enough IL!

It's time to look at the best states for quality whitetails, IOWA and KANSAS. The one drastically different factor these state have is NO GUN HUNTING IN NOVEMBER! I would love to see IL make that change, but of course it would never fly over because of tradition here. I also would love to see a ONE BUCK LIMIT put into effect as well. After these seasons stats, I see the need to reduce tags, not increase them!!!

There can be no doubt that IL faces many challenges in the years ahead and we certainly all need to voice our concerns. Perhaps someday, someone will listen.