HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone else having a comically bad season?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:04 AM
HuntingKS
Spike

I've had a rough and odd season as well. It started in September with the youth hunt I took my son on. The first day, we see a dozen deer - all does. He wants to wait for something better. The next day we see 10 different does, and he finally decides to shoot. He misses a fairly easy 120 yard shot (rifle hunt). The last day, after seeing dozens of does the previous 2 days and determining that we'd shoot anything, we see nothing. Not a single deer.

So, next hunt, we go out for an early season hunt in October. Only see one doe escaping at about dusk. Now, I've been out 3 days during the rifle season and haven't seen a thing. Just turkeys. I could have shot dozens of them by now. It's frustrating because I'm in a good area with plenty of sign, but the weather hasn't been cooperating. On the days I've been out, it's been very high wind, 25 miles an hour, with a full moon. They've only been coming out at night it seems. Hopefully, I wont' get skunked.