HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - This "its brown its down" stuff is bull****
Old 12-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Pope94/IA
Nontypical Buck

Default This "its brown its down" stuff is bull****

Some of you might remember of me venting about this a month or two ago, but its getting worse.

We have land right next to a couple tree huggers who dont have a clue as to what they are doing with the land. The main guy who know was was going on died awhile back and left the land for these two nutcases. We have had a few conflicts with them between their grass burnings and trying to get a new fence up between our land. We want to get a bull dozer and clear out this fence line that holds a bunch of shrub trees and a few big trees. but the tree huggers dont want us in their with a bull dozer because it might mess up the prarie grass...Holy ****, it'll grow back. Plus they already have a mowed path along the fence line so its not going to hurt anything...

Anyway...., to the main part of this thread.

Opening day of shotgun season... went to breakfast at 6:00. Got to our spots at around 7:30. Already deer running in every which way with gun shots going off ALL the time. We drove around tree huggers and their was 8 pick up loads of guys in orange and then south of tree huggers their was about another 5-6 pickup loads of guys. I swear, its like freaking World War 3 out there. Slugs flying everywhere! Its dangerous. Thats why we dont walk on tree huggers land at all. A deer isn't worth getting shot over. You may ask what are all these guys shooting at? Well the answer is... anything that is moving and has a white tail. My grandpa and my uncle watched a group of about 3-4 people sitting on top of a hill waiting and there was a group of about 8-9 deer that had 2 small bucks. Like 4 or 5 points that you have to take a second look to even notice it has horns. But all of those deer huttled kinda, or were really close to eachother and these guys on the hill (all 4 of then) shot into that circle of deer. I dont know why in the hell you would shoot into a group of deer and not knowing what your shooting at and possible (more than likely) going to have a bad shot on one. Those guys didn't care.

And the most horrifying news of all...

Some guys from wisconsin shot my buck that I have dreamed about for the past 2 month.

Sorry guys I just had to get it out.

I ended my shotgun season with nothing at all. I did get a poke at a coyote though. Stupid thing jumped over my bullet. No lie. Once I got done pulling the trigger her jumped. Right under him.
Our group got 6 bucks. 4 of them were nice ones. The other two were nice to but another year would be nice.
My dad also shot his biggest buck ever. 7 pointer... that scored 128.

Last edited by Pope94/IA; 12-07-2009 at 05:38 PM.