HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - i give up no more never again.
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 11:27 AM
The Famous Grouse
Spike

Originally Posted by driftrider
You must have got a bad one. Mine shoots about 1-1.25" groups at 50 yards with Winchester Super-X ammo. If it didn't shoot realy great, aftermarket barrels are a dime/dozen for the 10/22, drop right in with no gunsmithing, and can be as accurate as any custom CF rifle to the limits of the 22lr cartridge.

Mike
Yes, that is probably true that I got a bad one. But the problem is that most buyers aren't in a position to try 3 or 4 different 10/22s and then choose one that has acceptable accuracy. I've never seen the logic of adding custom barrels to the 10/22 because when you add the cost of the base rifle + the cost of a custom barrel, we are then into the price range where you could have just bought a much better and more accurate rifle in the first place.

I don't want to take this off topic and it's totally correct to start with the scope and mounts. My point was that the wildcard in this may be the fact that you cannot assume the 10/22 is a tackdriver and therefore the problem has to be elsewhere.

Grouse