HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Son's first deer
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 09:20 PM
eyeballjr
Spike

Default Son's first deer

Took my eight year old son hunting for the first time, in which he carried his own rifle. He has went hunting with daddy since he was able to walk. We wasn't set up for more than 30 minutes and this guy walk out at 50 yards. I blew on my gunt call and the deer stopped and looked at us, then before i could get a word out of my mouth, he shoots the deer goes stiff legged and falls over on its side. High shoulder shot lol. Wow the look on his face when he looked over at me was amazing. I will never forget it. His first words where i didn't even feel the gun kick dad. While we were sighting in he said the 243 was kicking a little hard, so he was a little worried about it.

He was sitting about 10 yards from me when he shot. Once he realized the deer wasn't gonna get up he ran over to me and gave me a great big hug. Said it was the best day of his life. My eyes welled up with tears, as did his. It truely was the greatest moment in my life. He told me he would never forget it.

I have taken a nephew and a cousin to the woods and watched them take their first deer, and that was a great feeling, but to see my own son do it was amazing.

Last edited by eyeballjr; 12-06-2009 at 10:18 PM.