HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - i give up no more never again.
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 06:56 PM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

Default i give up no more never again.

Ok i have bounced back and forth from hating gander mountain to liking them. Seems one trip they screw me over or do something stupid the next trip great service, great help, good price. When i bought my muzzy they where no help would not match anyone and changed there price three times. But when i bought my stuff for it powder, bullet and such. They had the best price on the stuff and was a big help even exchanged pellets for powder when they normally will not.

Well when i bought my ruger 10/22 there 6 months ago the mess it up. The price was high about 229.00 for the wood stock. But they mounted the scope and rings for free. I had them do it as i wanted to make sure it was done right. Ya right.
I bought a bsa scope for it which i thought was my issue. Well i was shooting it when i got it dead on just with bore sighting. 50 rounds later it is off. Well i figured it need cleaned. Next time still off low to the right alot. I could aim at the med. size shoot and see and be on the right bottom corner. Shot it about 4 times in a month and put it up. Hunting season came and i had not shot it and wanted to do some squrrial hunting with my cousin so i went to the range the other day to fix it. I forgot my targets but it was pretty close i hit a 2 liter bottle 8 out 10, 7 out of 10, 10 out of 10. Three mags 70% to 100% hits. I went today with the shoot and sees. It was low and right again. Odd i thought. Took about 50 round to work it back to center. I had it dead on got 10 shots all good just about 1 inch right. 2 inchs on the next group. After that they went to 4 inchs then to the bottome right corner again or off the target. I looked it over and notice something. The base was scraped about a 1/2 inch wide behind the front ring. It seems the rings where moving about 1/2 or so on the base. It would be almost off or right where it was. It also seems the scope was moving inside the rings. I swear i was ready to throw the dam thing.
Now i give up I will not buy another thing from them unless it is a must. This cuts the cake and burns it. i am done with them. You would think they could mount a scope right.

I do have a question. This was my first scoped rifle since i had a 30/30. How much force do i want on the bolts on the rings base mount and the scope mount.