HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - thinking about bowhunting need thoughts on bow
Old 12-06-2009, 05:16 PM
mbmrang
Fork Horn

X2 on what cartman308 has to say. Shoot as many different kinds that you can. Each kind will feel a little different and just a few will feel good. Only 1 or 2 will feel "right". I give that advise, but I did not use that advise when I purchased mine this summer. I did shoot a couple, but I wish I would have shot many more. Not that I don't like my bow, I just wish I would have shot a few more. I ended up buying a Martin Cheetah package deal from a dealer out of Kentucky. Great price and great customer service.

Total package price included Bow, site, release, quiver, 6 arrows, 3 broadheads, field tips, stabilizer, sling, case, set-up and shipping was 585. That includes tuning and sighting in to 20 yards and chrono report. I actually wanted the PSE Stinger but they were sold out of the 2009 model when I made the purchase. I actually liked the Martin better anyway, so it worked out.

So,anyway, talk to the local shop and the guys at dicks. They will give great advise. Good luck and be prepared to get hooked. The fun never stops.