HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Morning or evening right now? in NY
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 03:00 AM
lonewolf5348
Typical Buck

I seen this year about a doz does and (1) 4 pointer I should have got him in bow season 7 yards from my ground blind but I was not paying attention to the trail and it only took 3 min: for him to approach the blind on a blind spot corner.I passed on a few small bucks on opening day other then that so far it all I seen this year.I think the weather plays a important part as when deer start to feed i think we need some snow and some colder temperatures to get them feeding also during day light hours.
I been hunting for some 40 plus years and sorry to say it is a dying sport no one really hunts after the first weekend and the deer will not move unless ou get more guys in the woods.
I am heading up on next wed: for the last few days in rifle and go into black powder.I hope by then the snow will be on the ground deer tracks will give hunters a better idea what trails they are using to feeding lanes.
I can't tell you how any old timers i knew gave up on the sport funny back in the late 60's you would seen tons of hunters and you would see deer almost each time you are in the woods.I see to day less hunters and yep less deer.The doe tags over the years destroyed the NYS deer herds and now hunters are paying for it .The one on one doe tags over the year destroyed the deer herds