HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Please dont turn this into mines better then yours argument
Old 12-06-2009, 12:53 AM
PastorJim08
Nontypical Buck

I have two Moultrie I-40s, one Steathcam I-590, and a Reconyx 55. I am also working on building a homebrew from a Sony S600. Below I will post both day and night pictures from all.

Moultrie I-40. The best thing about this camera is the battery life and quality of daytime pics. I just brought the camera in yesterday after it had been out for six months on the same set of batteries. They still were at 44%.

Daytime pic.

Night-time I-40

Stealthcam I590. The best thing about this camera is the quality of both day and night photos because it is a white-flash camera. IMO it is a good value for the money, about $97.00. Slow trigger speed though.

Reconyx RC55. The best thing about this camera is by far, the trigger speed. It takes photos so fast, that when you are scrolling through them on the computer, it almost looks like video. I know that it never misses anything. The downsides would be the price, about $550.00 and I think for that kind of money, the night-time photos could be better.

Reconyx pics.

Night-time Reconyx

Hope this helps with your decision.

Blessings.....Pastorjim