HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - blackhorn 209
Thread: blackhorn 209
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 12:24 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Phil...

But then BH209 isn't meant to be cheaper. They market it as an improved powder which is worth the extra $.
Yep! and General Dynamics loves that attitude. Compare the price of BH to a bottle of 5744 a slow burning Smokeless Progressive buring powder. There is even a powder produced by IMR that has the same holes, same shape and it much cheaper and come in 16 oz's. (the IMR number escapes at the moment) Problem being it is faster and stronger.

There is not doubt that the real advantage of BH is in shooting heavy conicals, less powder and less pressure at any given time, while the projectile is in the bore. But how may heavy conicals are shot versus 300 and lighter projectiles. Even them those folks shooting heavy conicals are shooting for more black powder than BH.

BH is great for those that want to pay the price - I choose to pass for the most part.

Also, locally T7 does cost $25 plus tax although I can get it cheaper if I travel 45 miles.
So why would you compare local prices of T7 with online prices of BH... Can you even buy it locally? Bh is $36.00 here locally and T7 $21.98 here locally.

If you are going to compare compare online to online...

I calculated BH209 at my order cost of $32 a jug shipped to my residence.
Powder Valley will ship T7 to your house also for $18.40....

Last edited by sabotloader; 12-05-2009 at 12:26 PM.