HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 7.62x39 effect on deer
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 06:16 AM
vabyrd
Banned

Originally Posted by usmc1978
That shouldn't be ANYONE on this site. If anyone in these parts disagrees with ARs in civilian hands, they had better wake the heck up. I'm not going to give you the whole lecture, but suffice to say the end result of that attitude is that we'll all be disarmed.
I don't have a problem with AR's in civilian hands. What I do have a problem with is that because I own guns I'm expected to agree with everyone that owns one. Don't think so. Personally, I think its an asinine rifle for hunting. I don't care what anyone says. Remember the amendment before #2? Not my preference. Sure, its a great design, accurate, reliable, and so on. But, kids today spend too much time in front of the TV and playing video games. Where do yo think most of them learn about this stuff? First hunting rifle and AR? No. These kids use cheat codes and special enhancements so that the video games are "more bloody". Is that not something to be concerned about.

Read through some of the posts on this site. "Im a felon, and want my guns back" There are those that want gore. " I want a baseball sized hole" "got to drop in its tracks" " I like head shots" blah, blah. More time is spent on reveling in shoulders being blown off than the reason behind hunting.

The day that all gun owners share the same responsibility and respect for firearms is the day that I agree with everything gun.

And that ain't today.